I’m on my way out the door, but there’s so much going on today that I’d hate to just not mention anything… of course you know it’s First Friday, which means that just about every store front and gallery in town will be open and exhibit some sort of art. Here are some hilights:
- Stop by Fuller Glass Studio on Munjoy Hill to check out work from Ponomo and others.
- Two Point Gallery has a new 6-artist show opening called “Constant Urban Influence.”
- Geno’s is showing work from Nathan Fogg & Justin Mershimer.
- Sanctuary Tattoo has a metal-themed show from a variety of artists in various mediums.
- At HOPE.GATE.WAY (185 High Street), Tower/Building Of Song’s Alicia Ines Sampson shows “I sail oceans in maps,” selected works from 2003 to the present.
When you’ve had your fill of wine, cheese, and visual art, come by SPACE Gallery for Drum Swamp (sponsored by the Drum Shop), a 20+ drummer collaboration. Should be pretty epic. That starts at 8pm, will last about an hour, and is free.
Also, the Portland Phoenix Best ’10 nominations are in, and now it’s time to vote for your favorites! HillyTown was nominated in the category of Best Blog, so vote for us! (note: Food blogs have their own, separate category).