Jump right into it!
- It’s nomination time for the Second Annual Portland Buy Local Indie Biz Awards!
- Forbes named Portland, Maine as one of the country’s ten most livable cities (maybe the most livable?) They must like lighthouses and boats. Perhaps the most re-blogged national mention of Portland’s awesomeness since last week’s Washington Post mention!
- Books Etc. will be leaving Exchange Street, though they hope to find a new Portland location soon. (thanks OP)
- In better book news, the Festival Of The Book is on! Most of the events are this Saturday.
- Peter PortCity tell us about some friends who took the SkiMaine Peak to Peak Challenge.
- The Pine Haven Collective really wants to get Vetiver back to Portland. Maybe we should keep that band wishlist conversation going.
- Hello weekly farmers’ market in Monument Square!
- Some First Friday openings and happenings to hit tonight: Strange Maine @ Sanctuary, Carving The Floors @ SPACE, Considerable Thinking @ Whitney Art Works, Zombies on Exchange, Dan Hicks @ Bull Moose, and of course much more. Post-Art Walk head to the Station for Dinosaur Jr. and Awesome Color or to Arm Factory for Brenda, Harubangs, live painting, and more.
- The 2009 Portland Museum Of Art Biennial opens on Wednesday, April 8th. Some people are already really into the exhibit – and you can check that out tonight. Literally.
- In case you missed it, Dilly Dilly reviewed the New Kids On The Block concert for us.
- Most awesome random item of the week = CHUCK NORRIS MOUTHGARD!
Want more than just Portland music news? I’m back to blogging at Subinev.