Did you catch the first of our new contributor Biscuit Wakefield’s chocolate chip cookie reviews? HillyTown aint just music, after all.
- The Maine Comic Arts Festival is happening this Sunday, May 17! Head to the Ocean Gateway to meet some of your favorite comic artist and check out the panels and workshops they’re offering!
- In other comic (and monster) news, Coast City Comics (you may recognize one of the owners as Cougars Kill Cobras’ Gerald Von Stoddard) is opening soon at 656 Congress Street. Sharing the spot will be The Fun Box Monster Emporium (run by another legend of the Portland music scene, Tristan from Covered In Bees).
- Watch the trailer for the 48 Hours Music Fest documentary (showing June 4 @ Nickelodeon Cinema)
- Voting ends tonight for the Portland Buy Local Indie Biz Awards.
- Tonight, NYC band Coyote Eyes are making the trip up to play at Empire Dine & Dance with Brenda, Bird In The Rafters, and Marie Stella (yes, that’s my band).